Edmonton Cantando Band Festival
- Edmonton Meeting: Wednesday, October 3 @ 8:00 PM in the band room.
- $100 non-refundable deposit and form is due back by October 17, 2018 (download the Initial Parent Letter found below)
- Final Payments and InviteRight forms are due by Wednesday, March 20th, 2019.
- Please see the letter sent home to see how much your child still owes.
- A full itinerary is also found on the letter (download a copy below).
- Please make cheques payable to "Carberry Band Boosters" and make sure it is clear which student the payment is for.
- Departing Carberry on Saturday, April 6th, 2019 (early AM)
- Performance on Sunday, April 7th at 9:20 AM
- Clinic on Monday, April 8th at 8:00 AM
- Returning to Carberry on Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 (late PM)
- The full cost of the trip is $575 per student.
- $75 per student for festival fees (covers our performance, instrument clinics, group workshop, and professional evening concerts)
- $500 per student for McPhails (covers motor-coach transportation, three nights in a hotel, group activities, and group meals)
- Through their several fundraising endeavors, the Band Boosters will contribute $200 to each student travelling to Edmonton.
- Therefore, students will be responsible for $375 each.
- Money raised by students travelling to Edmonton through Mom's Pantry will go directly towards their own trip cost.
- Money raised through other fundraisers throughout the year goes towards the $200 that each travelling student receives towards their trip.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit will be due by October 17, 2018
Saturday, April 6 = Travel Day (Carberry to Edmonton)
Sunday, April 7th = Performance Day
Monday, April 8th = Adjudication/Workshop Day
Tuesday, April 9th = Travel Day (Edmonton to Carberry)
This is the plan, but details may change as details are ironed out.
Prepaid Group Meals:
Student Paid Meals (not included in cost):
- Students not meeting Mrs. Burke's expectations for effort, attitude, and attendance will not be allowed on the Edmonton trip.
- This is foremost a musical experience, not a vacation.
- It is expected that all students behave appropriately, respectfully, and professionally in all venues including the hotel, the bus, restaurants, and during all activities.
- It is important that we represent ourselves, our school, and our community positively wherever we go.
- There will be strict lights-out times. We need our rest to perform our best.
- Inappropriate behaviour will result in loss of privileges on the trip as well as consequences once we return home to Carberry.
- Severe misbehaviour may result in a parent needing to come and pick up their child in Edmonton.
- It is expected that students communicate with their other teachers to get homework in advance of leaving.